Introduction:- Easy process to install APK on Nook device is given on this page. You have to follow the process to install Android APK on Nook has carefully given here.
About Barnes & Noble Nook
The first launch of the nook was in 2009 which originally has the 6-inch screen with the wi-fi and 3G connectivity. Later, the company releases one by one more Nook with the new upgrades and features that usually liked by the users. The Nook has a good reach for the E-book readers. As you this is the best device to read unlimited ebooks online. In 2012, Nook gets the partnership with Microsoft that ends by the Nook in 2014 by purchase all the shares of Microsoft.
The previous year, the company release another Nook device called- Nook Glowlight 3 which is doing good business at all. If you are looking for the ebook reader device then nothing can be better than Nook. As the Nook device works on the Android OS, the question is – can you install the apk file on it? Nook will not allow you to install apk on it directly. But you can install apk on Nook by using pc or laptop.
Why do you need to install Apk on Nook?
The Nook has its own app store. If you need any application to install then you can get that from the app store. But the app store has limited number of apps & games for the user and as it works on the Android OS. The user will try to install the apk on Nook. But the nook has no settings to allow the users to get external source apps on it. Now, the only option left that you have to use pc/ laptop to install android apk on it.
The Nook device is specially designed for reading the unlimited ebooks and other stuff as well. The device allows the user to install the apps from the inbuilt app store but if you need other application which not available in the app store then waits. Or you can force install on your nook device using ADB tool via PC/ laptop. The process to install the apk on the nook is given below on this page. You have to follow the process carefully to avoid error and other issues as well.
How to install APK on Nook?
The installation of APK on Nook is not easy. You required some additional software on your pc to download APK on your nook device. The process is the little bit complex. You have to follow the process of installation given below: –
- Download the Android SDK ADB tool to start the process.
- The software is available free on the various third-party sources on the internet.
- You can download it without any worry.
- Now, move to the Nook device on which you want to install apk.
- Go the settings and scroll down and tap on the ‘Applications’.
- You will see the option named – Unknown Sources that you have to tick.
- Then enable the USB debugging as well which is more important as well.
- Maybe the download complete yet.
- The download file will download in the zip file that you have to extract at the specified folder.
- As you go to the extracted folder, you can see the two files name – IpOverUsbInstaller.msi and vcredist_x86.exe that you have to install on your pc/ laptop.
- Now, connect your Nook device to the laptop via USB cable.
- Launch the command prompt and search whether you device connects or not by typing adb devices and press Enter.
- The list of the ADB connected device will appear over there.
- Move your desired apk file in the same directory (ADB folder) that you want to get on your NOOK device.
- On CMD, type adb install whatever.apk (replace with your apk name)
- The process will start and take few moments to complete the installation on your Nook device.
- Enjoy the free apk app on your Nook!
Note:- The process is given only for educational purpose. We don’t recommend to the users to do with their devices. It can damage your device software.
The process is little lengthy. There is no other such short method like Android devices as it does not get such options to allow the other sources applications. So, you have to force install apk on it. You can share your opinions and experience in the comment section which can help other users. We will appreciate the solutions and other things related installation of apk on Nook. Thank you for visiting here.